Hey All, I am writing to you from Cape Town, South Africa aka my new favorite city. I know I probaly say this all the time but I am really having the time of my life here in Cape Town. I absolutely adore this city, both the good and the bad. Cape Town is the quintessential Tale of Two Cities. One moment you are standing in the hub of a booming metropolis, the next second you are in the middle of a virtual shantytown. I got a great look at all of the spoils of Cape Town during our Introduction week. I also got an in-depth look at the legacy of apartheid. The best part of the week was going to Robben Island and visiting the cell of Nelson Mandela! I have included some of my favorite pictures from the first two weeks. This week I started my job at the Cape Town Office of Social Development where I am revamping their all-city poverty strategy and establishing a Social Entrepreneurship Incubator. Everything has been moving super duper fast and I have been journaling most of my thoughts as they come to me, thus I will probaly not be blogging that often or with as much depth as I did while in India. Although, I promise to keep the pictures and short updates coming on a biweekly basis! Miss and love you all dearly. Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment